Friday, November 7, 2008

Thursday Drama

Okay... settle in for a long story.

Thursday evening, I picked Jules up from the sitters. I'm greeted with "I just broke Jules tooth - her back tooth." Automatically, I'm in STAY CALM mode. James brings me Jules (who happily yells "Momma" and goes to hug me), says he's just cleaned her up, and gives me a ziploc with the tooth inside it. He says they were doing flips and playing around and she knocked her head. Poor James is freaked out... super upset and worried about her.

I get Jules in the car - She promptly asks Grammy for grapes - and call Jeff. He starts calling around - Care Now, Cooks Childrens Emergency Room, leaves a message for his dentist. We have no idea what to do. My future brother in law has his dentist's cell number and gets in touch with him for us. They tell us to pull the tooth and if we can't do it ourselves, have it pulled. AAARRRGHHH! At this point, I'm freaking a little... stomach queasy just imagining a broken tooth in my baby's mouth. But she's acting completely normal.

We get home and finally (over an hour after I initially picked her up) look in her mouth. We see where she bit her tongue, but can't find a missing or broken tooth. It was surprisingly easy to get her to open her mouth wide. We look at our ziploc'ed tooth a little closer and realize that people molars have four ridges... this tooth only has two. Jeff calls James and asks him to look in his puppy's mouth. Yep.... it's the puppy's tooth!

Apparently, Jules bumped her head, started bleeding (from biting her tongue), and when James looked up, he saw a tooth laying on the chair... and assumed it was Jules' tooth. Both he and Ashley were SO relieved that she was okay... as of course were we. Now, it's just a funny story that we will enjoy telling for a long time.

4 comments:

PamelaKRose said...

Awww, still she bit her tongue, poor baby, but I'm very glad that no tooth was broken!

Anonymous said...

yes, but what about the poor puppy?!?!

On My Own said...

Amy--that's hilarious!!!!

Susan said...

What a scare. It take so much to get those dang teeth in you don't wnat them to lose it right a way. Glad everything worked out. Poor puppy.