Monday, April 19, 2010

Zoo Run

While I ran, Jules, Grammy and Aunt Mereny completed the 1 mile fun run/walk at the Zoo Run on Saturday. Jules actually got out of the stroller this time. It was through the zoo.... so they got to see the animals as they were waking up. And she actually walked across the finish line this time! :-) I think this second week, she understood better what the whole thing was about. That's my girl! I would have loved to have had a picture of her crossing the finish line, but I had no idea where their finish line was... plus I left my camera's memory card in the computer.

Funny thing... Friday night I was showing her the t-shirt that we got. She said "Did the runners give it to me?" My reply - Yeah, well, Kind of... She says "That was nice of them." So Silly! A toddler's view of the world is so refreshing sometimes.

Afterward, my mom, Jules and I met my aunt and her grandson, Dan to go to the zoo. Maybe we should have put it off because of the rain, but we didn't. Oh well... we still had fun. Jules got her face painted. She loved it. And she's more capable than any three year old that I know of sitting still.

My cousin's seventeen year old daughter got word Saturday evening that she's been given a $10,000 scholarship for college. I am SO PROUD OF THAT KID!!!!! She has been through a lot in her young years and she has really made a lot of herself.

No comments: