Friday, September 17, 2010

Hoping not to lose it...

... my sanity, that is. Usually, I'm a very sane person… but sometimes, I think I’m LOSING IT! I have a very full life. Jules is starting dance class and piano lessons. (she did great with piano lessons yesterday!) I’m in school part time, have a full time job, involved in my church and my softball league starts next week. Plus, my sister is about to have a baby and my mom must depend on others (often me) to drive her around until she’s seizure free for six months.

All that being said, I am literally losing it, sometimes. I have lost my wallet twice in the last ten days. Both times, it has been returned with everything in it. Blessed beyond measure. I couldn't be more fortunate. This last time, it was found in the trash can at work. The housekeeping staff noticed that it was there. I need to be more careful. I’ve been overscheduling myself and inadvertently booking two things on one night. (sorry friends!) I’m going to have to slow down or I really am going to go insane.

The other day, I left work early, went to class, drove home from Denton, stayed up later than normal to do homework for the following day's class… dozed off a bit and then woke up for a while. Couldn’t go back to sleep once I got back to bed. Needless to say I drank a lot of coffee the next morning.

I’m moving in with my sister (temporarily) this weekend. I'm waiting for my niece to arrive… and helping her in any way I can. Except for a couple of kids' birthday parties, school and softball, my schedule is clear (that doesn't really leave a lot of open spaces anyway!). I'm going to try to slow down for a while. I’m going to take time to calm it down and be in the now.

I'm so glad it's Friday.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Please bring Jule for playdates if you need to...we don't mind. We love you, you crazy woman! Where is Jules taking piano?