Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekend in San Antonio

We went to San Antonio for Meredith's southern reception.

Brian's sister hosted this party and it was a lot of fun. It is super hot in San Antonio right now. They haven't received the benefit of the rain we've gotten in the last couple of weeks. So, first thing we did when we got down there was swim in the hotel pool. It was a good reward for 5 hours of driving.


Jules only napped in the car on Saturday, so it took her a while to warm up to her new friends (Brian's nephews) in San Antonio. But she caught on quickly.


She's a veteran on the wagon...


She was a dancing fool after the dj's got going.

Much better dancing pictures on my camera... as well as a funny video. So stay tuned for that!

Sunday, we stopped in Georgetown because Gramps had an urge to go on a tour of the Innerspace Caverns. Jules' favorite part was the little tram (read: train) that you take down into the cave. She wouldn't walk inside, so my arms are a little sore from carrying her. Gramps and Grammy took turns as well, but I didn't want them to have to walk with her too much. I felt bad for Jules, because we were delaying her nap a bit by taking this tour. Otherwise, I probably would have made her walk (at least some).

See the little stuffed animal she has? Dad's cousin (who lives near San Antonio) came to the reception Saturday night and brought Jules a stuffed cow... which of course is named "Cow". My daughter is so logical! Jules loves it.

We went for a Dairy Queen treat (and lunch) in Georgetown before getting back on the road to home.


I have some better pictures on my camera, but will have to download (upload?) them later. These are all from my phone.

No comments: