Thursday, July 17, 2008

16 month old

Saturday, Jules will be 16 months old. Yesterday, we had her fifteen month well baby exam. It was delayed due to a conference that the doctor needed to attend.
She's 22.5 pounds, 30.5 inches. 25th percentile for length and weight. Head is still 97th percentile, but it's in the correct curve. I was thinking about all of her words on the way over there. She has a lot... thanks, gracias, dog, kitty, more, Dadda, Yeah, No, Sit (she's bossy) Juice, Apple Juice, Cheese (one of her faves), vroom (is that a word?), and on Friday night, she said that phrase in the previous post... plus many more. I'm putting myself on the spot right now.
On the way out of the car, and on the way in to the doctor's office, I asked her "Do you want to take your truck?" (because she's very entertained by vehicles) She says "Yeah, truck"... I thought... new word!

When the doctor asked whether she had started saying a few words, I told him all that. Then he asked her what she was playing with and she says "truck". Love it when they actually do what we want them to do! He actually called her "very bright". We know that... but it's nice when the professionals agree! ;-) -I had previously been seriously irritated with this doctor for delaying two appointments in a row. He just won me back over. How easily a mother is swayed.-

Oh! And, it turns out that Jules has an ear infection. She didn't show any signs except for a bit of crankiness (tendency to bite lately, which has gotten better in the last couple of days?) and a runny nose. I felt horrible for not having any clue about it... so I cancelled plans with friends and stayed home with her. Jeff did the same. (so I could have met the friends anyway)

Just for fun, the interspersed pictures are from our play date at the mall with Kelly and Caitie (the other little one) almost two weeks ago. I had my camera set on some strange setting, so some of them aren't great.

2 comments:

PamelaKRose said...

What a smart cookie!

Jessica said...

Don't beat yourself up about the ear infection. Doesn't seem like it was that bad, or she would have let you known about it. Chances are, you caught it in the early stages.

Wow, she does sound really smart. Of course, she's got really smart parents, so it only makes sense. I'm sympathetic with you on the head thing. Olivia had her 6 month check up yesterday and her doc is a little concerned about her head growth. I told him that big heads run in the family, so for now, we are just going to watch it closely.

BTW, what mall is that in the pics? The play area looks a lot better than the one at NE Mall.