Sunday, July 20, 2008

Bachelorette Weekend

Jeff's best friend is getting married in two weeks. I've become close with his fiancee, Eva. So, after our super rough week, it was nice to get away from reality for 48 hours in Austin. Didn't take any pictures of the festivities, but here's a picture of breakfast this morning (from my phone). We had a great weekend and although it was tame by bachelorette party standards, it was fun to "go out". I even got hit on a couple of times. I needed that stroke to my ego.

Grammy and Gramps had Jules all weekend and Aunt Meredith hung out with them and helped them a lot. Meredith sent me this picture from them shopping at the party store.

Mom made a late lunch for after Dad (Grammy and Gramps) picked me up from the airport. This is a cute picture of Jules that I took while we hung out over there.

Over the weekend, Jules actually called Grammy "Grammy"! What a big girl! Mom said she handed her a cookie (another new word over the week) and Jules said "Thanks, Grammy." Finally starting to get some manners!

After Jules' bedtime tonight, I decided it was time to make a dent in our mess at home. Four bags of trash later, I actually found my bathtub (a safehaven for many things that we were trying to keep from getting wet). Plus, I had all of this (in the picture) for goodwill. Probably, more will come for that pile. You can see that our floors are now concrete. Luckily, the foam floor playmat didn't get messed up... so we have that for Jules to play on.

4 comments:

Kriss said...

Amy, what kind of leak did you have?? Did it ruin all the carpet in the house? You poor thing!! I know someone we both went to school with (Aimee Lane now Reyes) whose husband lays carpet. If you need their number let me know. Huge hugs, water leaks are NEVER fun!!! -kriss

Amy said...

Kriss, After our leak two years ago, we took up the carpet. We put down wood laminate, and with all the traffic in our house, that already had some damage, and Jeff saw it warping... so with this flood he took up the wood laminate. We may go with tile this time. Thanks!

PamelaKRose said...

Hadley has the same hat, her Aunt bought it for her, haha!

Good job on all the cleaning, now come to my house! =P

Anonymous said...

your kid isn't allowed to get any more grown-up, just mine.