Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Life

Man, sometimes life throws you curve balls. My parents' house was broken into today. They opened the outside storm window and threw a brick through the inside window. A neighbor apparently noticed and called the police, which cut his time short. The neighbor also gave a description of the person. Yikes! And I was considering going over there this morning to do laundry!

My parents aren't materialistic people... therefore, they don't have a lot of valuable belongings. The only thing that was taken for sure (except maybe identity stuff) was my sister's old laptop that she has a hard time getting to work and her work laptop's bag. It makes me thankful that I don't put a lot of value in material things. I was also grateful that Jeff immediately wanted to go help them out. Makes me appreciate him.

2 comments:

PamelaKRose said...

Wow, that is just scary. Thank goodness for that neighbor!

Erin Kathleen said...

Scary, Amy! I'm sorry! At least nothing important was taken. As you said, there are more important things than material items. Thank God for good neighbors.