Sunday, December 14, 2008

Holiday Parties and Fun

Friday afternoon, I got off of work early and we headed down to Austin. Jeff's best friend, Adrian and his wife, Eva have a few big things going on and it's time to celebrate. Adrian just got his master's degree in Education Administration and Eva just finished her bachelors degree in Elementary Education... not to mention that Adrian's birthday was this past Thursday and Eva's is this coming Tuesday. So... big party ensues.

We stayed with Jeff's brother, Ben. Their mom lives with him and his fiancee right now, so we were also visiting Nana. Jules had a blast with all three of them (including Jamie, the fiancee). Saturday morning, Nana couldn't resist giving Jules one of her Christmas presents early. It's a cool wooden puzzle of animals. Jules loved it and was pretty good at it! Saturday evening, Jamie couldn't resist giving Jules one of her presents from her and Ben. It was a Cabbage Patch 25th Anniversary Doll that they thought looked like Jules' Mommy! Here's a fuzzy pictures of Elda Lani (the CP given name) and Jules. Pardon the quality of the pic. It's from my phone. My camera is acting up... plus I left it at my Mom's house tonight.

Jules and Nana hung out together Saturday evening while the rest of us went to Adrian and Eva's celebration. Jules got to go with us to the celebration dinner.

We ate at Juan in a Million this morning for breakfast. It's my second favorite breakfast place in Austin, but the most coveted. (IMO) I hear that they'll be featured on a Travel Channel show this week. I'm going to have to tivo it. After breakfast (at which Jules chowed down... the kid loves scrambled eggs and potatoes), we headed back to Fort Worth.

After some time to settle back in at home, and a good nap for Jules, my mom's family Christmas party was early this evening. As I said before, I left my camera at my mom's house, so hopefully (if I can get my camera to work) I can add pictures of all of the cute toddlers running around over there later. It was a blast to see all of the cousins. They loved running back and forth in my parents back yard and we all chowed on the many appetizers.

Jules banked at the party as well. The little kids exchanged names, and I'm sure that my cousin went over the $10 limit. Jules got a cool car that she DID NOT want to share. (We had a couple of sharing lessons tonight) and this Mickey Mouse that is almost as big as she is!


You can barely tell in these pictures, but there's barely a mark left on her lips(see post below). It's amazing how fast kids heal.

1 comment:

Kriss said...

Amy, I am so sorry. I got busy and forgot to answer you. I got them at Walmart. They were running a sale on them $4.00 a pair. I bought my MIL a black pair with pink polka dots and Britney a pink pair with pink/black leopard fleece on the inside. :)