Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Uplifting

I get the Upper Room daily devotional in e-mail every day.

The bible verses were about the time leading up to Jesus' birth and an uplifting little testimonial. But this part really spoke to me today.

Today's Scripture

There is hope for your future, says the Lord.
-Jeremiah 31:17 (NRSV)

Prayer
God of all miracles, help us to trust you when life is uncertain. Open our eyes to see your redemption unfolding. Thank you for allowing us to be part of it. Amen.
Thought for the Day

Where can I find good news in what makes me grumble?

Prayer Focus
Someone who needs a miracle


I need to remember to take one day at a time and to not give up when things get frustrating. MANY parts of my life need this reminder. I can be an uplifting blessing to the people around me. I was going to get on here and gripe today... but thank GOD for small miracles and uplifting messages. I want to cry... last night, I wanted to give up. Today, because of God's glorious reminders of grace and faithfulness, he reminds me that I can be a blessing.

5 comments:

Celeste said...

AMEN TO THAT. LET GO AND LET GOD! That's what I say!

Jess said...

Thanks for posting this, it really helped me today!
I hope you guys are doing well!
:)

I Believe in Miracles said...

Hi Amy,
Thanks so much for the comment and encouragement!
I love this post today. It really speaks to me. Thanks for putting it out here. You totally were a blessing to me today.
~~HUGS~~
Nity

Kriss said...

Awww, Amy, I am so glad you posted this. Huge hugs on whatever is bothering you. This is a great time of year to reflect on the good things in our life especially with the economy.... a great God, a roof over our heads, good husbands who love us, and children who help us have a child like faith in the unseen. Hugs. -kriss

Susan said...

Amen, Amy. Amen.